Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Blaze it up in a Boyfriend Blazer :-)

Well I was prompted to write about Boyfriend Blazers since the day has been a bit cold and the first stylish attire that I could think of in the morning to keep me warm is one of my Boyfriend Blazers. Initially, so the name suggests, they were a bit long and used to look like male blazers. With time, the designs changed and currently we have Boyfriend Blazers that are actually above the hips as well as fitting as opposed to the original ones that were below the hips and a bit bulky.
  
Needless to say, I like the versatility that Boyfriend Blazers bring since they look good with all body types and sizes. Plus they actually emphasize your figure especially for the one-buttoned ones. They pass for an ‘any time of the day’ attire, whether for a coffee date with the gals, or a night out or even for running errands.

So how do I rock my Boyfriend Blazers?

I prefer my Boyfriend Blazers fitting, neither too big nor too small. Being petite, I wouldn't wish to look like I have literary borrowed my boyfriend’s blazer. Plus having an oversize blazer can make one look bulky. I also prefer rolling up my sleeves and if the sleeves of the blazer have pretty details or are coloured, folding them up also does my look some good justice.

Boyfriend Blazers can basically be worn on top of most tops for example, on fitting tees, on a tank top, on a blouse,on a spaghetti top, on a camisole e.t.c. They can be worn with skinny jeans, leggings, shorts, mini dresses, tights etc. Distressed denims for example bring out that chic yet trendy look. Simply cute!

I never leave my jewellery when doing my Boyfriend Blazers so as to bring out that edgy ‘I am Tweedy Look’. Chunky bangles, necklaces, earrings and those cocktail rings…..any time. However I don’t over do the jewellery and I make sure the colours blend so as not to look confused. If my attire is neutral, as in fewer details, I do colourful jewellery and vice versa. And with the current cold weather for example, I find myself throwing on a scarf and of course in this case I will limit the chunky necklaces.

Shoes: These will depend on the bottom outfit. I am mostly in high-heel slip on sandals since I find them comfy and ready to go. However Boyfriend Jackets look good with any shoes….gladiators, pumps, flat sandals, peep toes, wedges. Just how you match them is what matters.

And finally, I find myself mix matching my official pants or my pencil skirts with a Boyfriend Blazer too and am off to work. Truth be told Boyfriend Blazers can be rocked in many ways.

I don’t know whether Boyfriend Blazers are here to stay but I just love them 
;-)






No comments:

Post a Comment