Monday, April 8, 2013

How I choose my Colognes....



Just as we choose clothes so are colognes. We need to choose colognes that fit our personality and lifestyles, that are comfortable to wear and also make us feel sexy. I love my colognes and wear them depending on my moods and occasion. The cologne that I wear to school is not the same as the one I wear to work and neither is it the same as the one I wear for a dinner date nor an afternoon shopping with the girls. Of course all these depend on whether these activities fall on the same day since at times I just have no choice but to wear same cologne all through.

 I love my Black Xs by Paco Rabanne, Chloe by Chloe, Pure Poison by Christian Dior, 212 Sexy by Carolina Herera and my current love being Miss Dior by Christian Dior and Classique X by Jean Paul Gautier. Am told Classique X is still new in the market…..*smiles* They all smell sophisticated and sexy…..and well, just me.

I however don’t feel my Fuel for life by Diesel…I don’t know, it’s just not me. I guess the tester lied to me. Then, White Diamonds and Diamonds and Sapphires by Elizabeth Taylor….what the hell was I thinking. They are a bit strong and for lack of a better word, they have a scent for an old unsophisticated Somali lady. I imagine myself puking so bad if someone wears them when am pregnant.

So how do I choose my colognes?
  • My personality: Well I love attention. I love colognes that smell expensive and at the same time announce my arrival. And when I leave, I leave the scent behind while I carry some with me…*wink!* Just one of the reasons I fell in love with Miss Dior. I love strong colognes for the day especially when am outdoors and mild ones for the night or when am indoors .I prefer wearing my 212 sexy for a dinner date or for a movie date. Well, choose a cologne that goes with your personality and for this follow this link to help you decide http://faithtweedy.blogspot.com/2013/04/fragrance-categories.html
  • Before I buy my colognes I always have to smell and test them. I prefer buying my colognes from stores that have testers. Colognes smell differently depending on how long they have stayed on your body.
  • Then am still in my twenties, I don’t wanna smell like am already hitting fifties. For the same reason I feel Channel No.5 is overrated. Maybe it’s because I am too young for it. It smells like a cologne I would buy my mum and am sure my mum will give it to her mum.
  • And finally I always get my friends’ opinion though at times it doesn’t matter a lot, they say am hard headed and always opinionated. Haha! Though it’s never a crime to get someone else’s opinion. So do they like it or not? Why? Does it last long? Etc etc.










XOXO Tweedy













No comments:

Post a Comment