Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Quit Biting Your Nails.....Gotcha.



So I snap every time I see my little sisters fingers in her mouth. I hate it when she bites them. Firstly it’s just a no no for a girl. Then it’s unhygienic….eeewww!! And have you seen how bitten fingers and nails look.….HORRIBLE!!Besides, bacteria can also find their way in those bitten cuticles. Anyway thanks to my sister I had to do some research on how she can avoid biting her nails.

I gathered a few points here and there that I thought I should not only share with her but also with you and you and you.....But then again this has to start with someone who is willing and ready since it’s not only an addiction but a worse one too because our nails are always at our disposal. Lol.

So,




  • Have an objective for quitting for example be inspired by how your nails are gonna be attractive after staying for a while without munching on them.
  • Find something else to do instead of biting your nails since at times it's basically the idleness e.g. you can chew gum.
  • You can also clip or file them short so that they are not there to be bitten anyway. That means you should always carry a nail file or a nail clipper with you.
  • Have the nails polished with bright colours since it is obviously less tempting to bite them especially if the polish is brightly coloured.
  • I also got to learn that there are actually some creams, oils and nail polishes that really taste nasty and one can apply on the nails and prevent the biting.
  • You can also constantly remind yourself on the progress by taking pics of your nails after lets say every two days just to motivate yourself.
  • You can have the acrylics and gel nails. These nails will not only enhance the beauty of your nails but also help you avoid biting them.
  • I was told something though,and I found it very weird; you can bandage the finger tips. Awkward right?I thought as much!This basically makes the nails inaccessible to bite.

All the best my lovely sister Tunu....and the rest.





No comments:

Post a Comment