Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Intimidating Brown, Which Colours to Match it with?



I don’t like brown colour. Shoot me…..It's just too intimidating. I find it so hard to match a brown attire be it a top, a skirt or pants. Actually most of my brown items are bags and shoes and not tops,skirts or pants. I don’t know whether it’s because of my dark-skin tone or the colour itself being too dull….I just don’t know. On brown tops I have given up, I confess. For now, I restrict myself to the official brown pants and official brown skirts since I can’t deny the fact that I own a few pieces of the brown family too.

So which colours can go well with my official brown pants or brown skirts?
Firstly I prefer my brown pants or skirts being dark and sexy and not dull. You get the picture?Like a 'wet look' brown if such a word exists. And I avoid mixing dark colours with brown so I mostly pair my browns with rich colours.

In my opinion,brown looks great with the following colours: Baby Pink, Cream, Turquoise BlueWhite might work but mainly off white, Some green though be careful as someone once said,you might look like a tree....haha!!

The following colours should however be avoided with browns....I think.The likes of Grey, Red, Yellow, Orange and Black.

Being a dull colour I also feel we should always do brown with jewellery. Always!!For jewellerygolden and bronze should be the preferred colours. Keep off silver jewellery. Just keep off .

And finally for the shoes have them as brown, gold, cream, beige or tan colours but of course depending on the shade of the brown pants or skirts you have.
Hope I can add a few pieces of brown items in my closet too…..!!





Check out the link for my own Green blouse and Brown official pants combi. http://faithtweedy.blogspot.com/2013/04/well-its-friday-yall-and-this-is-what.html 

Tweedy.


No comments:

Post a Comment